Top 10 Reads of 2020
2020 was a lot of things – mostly a chaotic and troubling year that most of us would like to forget. Horrific natural disasters, COVID-19, mass unemployment, killing of unarmed African-American people, further political divide in the US, and a troubling election were just a few things we faced.
While I can’t speak for everyone, I personally found it hard to relax and read while the news seemed to become more grim by the day. My Goodreads goal of 60 books was not reached (I hit 34, maybe 35 by NYE), and that’s OK. I’m just proud of myself for reading.
2020 felt like it was more about survival than much else, but, like everyone else, I did my best.
Without more rambling, here were my top 10 reads of this year. Despite not reading much, I read some really good books!
10. Prince in Disguise by Stephanie Kate Strohm
9. The Raven and the Dove by Kaitlyn Davis
8. Once Upon a Marigold by Jean Ferris
7. Magnificent Ms. Marvel vol 1: Destined by Saladin Ahmed and illustrated by Minkyu Jung
6. Dear Martin by Nic Stone
5. Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer
4. A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder by Holly Jackson
3. The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue
2. Dear Justyce by Nic Stone
- Where Dreams Descend by Janella Angeles
What were your favorite reads this year?